- RSS Channel Showcase 6018758
- RSS Channel Showcase 7786623
- RSS Channel Showcase 3988063
- RSS Channel Showcase 5312945
Articles on this Page
- 08/03/16--04:06: _Cooks Endeavour
- 08/09/16--03:24: _Raja Ampat
- 08/15/16--16:03: _Ian’s Boat
- 08/22/16--07:01: _Petra Monastery
- 08/30/16--02:50: _The Grotto
- 09/05/16--02:49: _Rose Tunnel
- 09/12/16--01:30: _Festival Centre
- 09/19/16--04:52: _Leaf Rain
- 09/24/16--16:17: _Big Mushroom
- 10/03/16--01:10: _Elusive Echidna
- 10/09/16--06:40: _Rasta House
- 10/18/16--02:09: _Petra Treasury
- 10/24/16--15:41: _Blues Brother
- 11/08/16--00:26: _Close Encounter
- 11/14/16--14:09: _Supermoon Sculpture
- 11/22/16--00:21: _Ferry Meadows
- 08/03/16--04:06: Cooks Endeavour
- 08/09/16--03:24: Raja Ampat
- 08/15/16--16:03: Ian’s Boat
- 08/22/16--07:01: Petra Monastery
- 08/30/16--02:50: The Grotto
- 09/05/16--02:49: Rose Tunnel
- 09/12/16--01:30: Festival Centre
- 09/19/16--04:52: Leaf Rain
- 09/24/16--16:17: Big Mushroom
- 10/03/16--01:10: Elusive Echidna
- 10/09/16--06:40: Rasta House
- 10/18/16--02:09: Petra Treasury
- 10/24/16--15:41: Blues Brother
- 11/08/16--00:26: Close Encounter
- 11/14/16--14:09: Supermoon Sculpture
- 11/22/16--00:21: Ferry Meadows
This is a replica of James Cooks Endeavour. The ship was moored at the Central Pier of Melbournes Docklands in Victoria, Australia. To process this image split toning was applied in Camera RAW.
These are the waters around the Raja Ampat Islands in Indonesia. This area has the highest density of marine life in the world. The Great Barrier Reef in Australia is the largest coral reef system but it is relatively young compared to this one. The diversity of life here is helped by being uniquely placed […]
This is one of the Keppel Islands. I don’t remember which one as Ian was good enough to take us to a few islands in his boat on 1st Jan 2016. This is one of those rare occasions when I wish my camera had GPS. It is fondly remembered as the best New Years Day ever.
This is the Petra Monastery in Jordan. It is know as the rose city due to the colour of the rock. In 2008 it needed to be processed using HDR to get accepted by Shutterstock for Stock Photography. It is available for download here. This time I used standard tone adjustments in Camera RAW and a little split-toning to match the texture to this jungle temple. The RAW […]
This is the Grotto which can be found on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia.
This rose tunnel is on the Voyager Estate in Margaret River, Western Australia. There is a rose garden and red and white rose bushes at the end of every row of vines. There are a number of theories to why wine growers plant roses. They vary from purely aesthetic to practical bio-engineering. I suspect any floral diversity would be beneficial to the ecological […]
This is the Adelaide Festival Centre in South Australia reflected in the waters of the River Torrens at night.
The colours in this leaf on the grass in my garden caught my eye. It is the dry season here in Queensland, Australia but no one told the rain. The Gold Coast has a subtropical climate. This time of year is the build up to the hot wet summer but sometimes it arrives early. This image has […]
This was the “Big Mushroom” off the Taiwanese coast. The 12 metre high coral structure is considered one of the worlds most iconic ocean dive sites. Despite surviving being struck twice by submarines this 1000 year old life form has now been toppled by Typhoon Meranti. This is one of 6 dives from the waters around Taiwan which […]
I have been looking for an echidna to photograph since arriving in Australia in 2011. Echidnas and Platypus are the last survivors of an ancient branch of the evolutionary tree. Although they are warm blooded mammals they lay eggs like birds and reptiles. This was taken at Australia Zoo in Queensland this weekend. The search for a wild echidna pic continues… This image […]
This building near Port Antonio in Jamaica is painted with the pan-African colours Red, Gold and Green which are based on the Ethiopian flag. It has been a stock photo at Shutterstock for 10 years and still gets downloaded every week. It was shot on an early digital compact camera EX-Z3 less powerful than the average mobile phone […]
This is the Treasury in Petra, Jordan. It was made famous by Indiana Jones when Harrison Ford and Sean Connery “discovered it” while looking for the Holy Grail. It has of course been known to everyone in Jordan for thousands of years. Dedicated to Rowan who loved this place.
This is original Blues Brother and band leader Blue Lou Marini on the Crossroads stage of Bluesfest 2016. If he looks familiar you may remember him washing dishes at Aretha Franklins cafe in the classic 1980 film The Blues Brothers. 36 years later they are still wearing sunglasses at night. Today I applied for […]
This is a composite of 4 images pulled off the internet. I used Photoshop to blend them together.
This is one of six metal fish in Harley Park, Labrador, Queensland, Australia. I chose this spot to photograph last nights supermoon so I could experiment silhouetting the sculptures. I the event there was enough light to illuminate the fish and bring out the rust colours.
This was taken at the 2010 Ferry Meadows firework display in the UK. The photograph was re-processed using only Camera RAW. The stock photos from the event are available here.